May 13, 2009

Twisted Words of Wisdom

You know how they always say "Listen to your elders, they know best"?
well, i just had this epiphany, and i descovered that
no, they do not know best. In fact with age seems to come stupidity.

Let me fill you in on what had caused said epiphany.

I was going out to Mr.Sub with my dad. We were ordering our food when the server messed up my fathers order. (he gave him mayo instead of italian dressing)

Well, my dad proceded to throw a fit,yelling at the poor guy with fists in the air! Even after the guy had offered to re-make his sandwich!

I kept repeating "dont be rude, it was a mistake"
my father replied "its the stupid kids fault for being deaf"

might i mention my father might as well be deaf? we cannot have a single conversation that does not include a "excuse me?" or "can you repeat that?"

Anyways, when we left i told my father "it isn't nice to be rude, he would have re-made your sandwich if you had been nicer" well then my dad pointed his fit to me saying"dont tell me what to do! or who to be rude to!"

well the next hour went on something like that. lots of yelling (on my dad's part)

parents are such hypocrits.

it is always do as I say, not as I do.
But what happened to leading with example?

All those years of making sure i said "please" and "thank you", I'm not sure my Dad even knows the meaning of those words.

tell me what you think. or tell me your own story come on! click the little reply button! it doesnt bite!
---------------------------------------
~~Pissed of Pixie

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are cool! ...have i convinced you yet?